Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Please have a seat!

I've always wanted to explore the world of reupholstering, but the thought made me a little uneasy. 

But, since I knew that I would never pay the amount that professionals charge, I had no choice but to tackle it head first. I started small with a chair that was very simple, I purchased this chair from Craigslist for $10.00



I first took off the seat cushion, and spray painted the the chair with Krylons bright idea in gloss.
(I do just about everything in gloss) 

Then, using a hammer and nails, because I currently do not own a staple gun, I covered the cushion with fabric from Hobby Lobby. I wanted to give the chair a young, fresh look, so I went with a very modern pattern. 
~adding your  more padding is always a good idea, especially if it is an older chair. ~




Now on to a bigger challenge!

Sorry I don't have any pictures of this chair in its raw state. I got so anxious to do it I totally forgot to take a before!
I cheated with this chair but Shhhhh...That's our little secret!
 I read every article and blog and seen every Youtube video on how your suppose to properly reupholster a chair, well unfortunately as you will soon find out I'm more of an, as long as it look,good rather than following all the directions kind of girl!
  I first  painted the arms and legs black.
 Here is the the part I cheated on...instead of taking the original fabric off I just covered it with some padding, and instead of using fabric I covered the chair with two $20 rugs from Walmart.




TA-DAAAA!!!

 The chair was $20 on Craigslist
two rugs from Walmart were $20 each
 $60 project compared to hundreds you would spend with the professionals!!

Photobucket















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...