Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's our Anniversary!!

 It's our third year Anniversary!!

Boy time flies when you’re having fun!! These last 3 years have been completely insane (in a good way!) We have experienced some of our highest and lowest moments together! From my husband's father passing away, to losing our first pregnancy, to giving birth to the most amazing little girl in the world! I wouldn't change a single moment that I was able to share with my husband by my side!

Let me give you a brief history of our Love story!
Earl and I met July 21, 2007!
Earl is originally from San Diego, CA, but has been living in Louisiana for the last 10 years. He was in Los Angeles on vacation the night we met! For me it was totally love at first sight! We had an instant chemistry! From that night we were inseparable, even from thousands of miles away, since we dated long distance until after our wedding day!
Earl who I quickly nicknamed "Sunshine" brought a whole new light into my world. I began to see things differently, he made me want to be a better person and gave me a drive and motivation I had never had. I trusted him wholeheartedly, and had no doubt that he would treat me the way I always knew I deserved! We both quickly realized a love like ours is one in a million, so we didn't see the point in waiting to share our lives together...even though I'm sure everyone thought we had completely lost our minds! ;) We dated eight months before Earl proposed.  He made the mistake of texting me earlier that day saying, "I'm gonna pop the question!" When I brought it up he completely ignored me! So that Tuesday evening on March 25, 2008, at The Saddle Ranch on Sunset Blvd, he did pop the question! Tuesday night was Karaoke night; it had become a little tradition of ours whenever Earl came to town!  Singing LOVE by Musiq Soul child, he said, "It isn't everyday"...those are the only words I can even remember! We were married eight months later!
With everything happening so fast in our lives, although we knew we wanted children, we had no idea it would happen so fast (a recurring theme for us!) October 2009, I found out we were expecting! But as soon as this wonderful news came...it seemed to be taken away even faster! I was devastated, and felt as though my whole world had been turned upside down. Earl tried to stay strong for the both of us...but I felt his unspoken pain! It's in that very second you realize you have to fight because it’s so easy to just give up when it seems the world has handed you a bad card! It was probably one of the hardest things I have ever experienced, but with prayers, my wonderful family and amazing husband, I realized that this was something I couldn't allow to break me. Only two very short months later I was pregnant again!  
So fast forward to today! We have a beautiful little girl and our love has grown and matured into something so special!!
Earl, I love you beyond words! You have stood by me through it all! I couldn’t ask for a better husband and baby daddy! ;) Thank you for these three crazy years, I wouldn’t change a thing, and look forward to the lifetime we get to spend together!!



My dad married us!!


Have a great Wednesday!!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Anniversary! May you be blessed with many more wonderful years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherika, you are such a beautiful young lady! Your wedding pictures are so very, very nice! How special that you and your husband were married by your father. Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, you two make such a striking couple:) Happy Anniversary and may the Lord continue to be ever present in your marvelous marriage...aww...you got me smiling and stuff lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    You look absolutely gorgeous in your pictures! You guys make a stunning couple. I wish you guys many wonderful years of bliss & endless love!

    ~Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...