Friday, November 4, 2011

C is for Cool Chalkbroad!

Have you ever been in the middle of one project and out of nowhere got an idea for something else!
This happened to me yesterday! I got this idea to make Eden a little learning corner in her room!

I had this picture frame that we used at our wedding for everyone to sign, it worked great as decor in our first home, but after almost 3 years...I'm kinda tried of looking at it! I felt bad so I left it alone, until my husband ever so cleverly hinted that we needed some new pictures up!

That's all he needed to say!!
Here is the picture frame. The perfect size!
 

I cut some MDF that we used for our closet office with the jigsaw, painted the frame with Krylon's ivory in satin, sanded and distressed the frame using Valspar's antiquing glaze.


I used fabric from other projects in Eden's room for the trim and gift bags from her baby shower for the pendant




2 coats of chalk pain


Added some clothes pins and TA-DAAAA

 Before

After

Eden loves it!!



I have yet to find a cute little table and chair...but don't worry you know I'm on it!

Here is the project I was working on first
Gotta love contact paper

Have a great weekend!!

Photobucket











rocaandcompany

5 comments:

  1. I love how cute the chalkboard turned out! The fabric trim and the pendants are such a cute addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute! She's lucky to have such a creative mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love.. love the chalkboard make over.. super impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so cute, u all will get alot of use.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...